The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Catain America Rocks!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hel Grotesk

hel Grotesk

Catain America Rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:29 am

What I said! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:39 am

Yup, I would agree that.

Loved all the action scenes. The story was much better than I expected, probably the best Marvel movie so far. Better than The Avengers, but not quite as funny, it still had humor just no goofy moments. Which worked. Lots of Marvel characters, and Fury was amazing. All the leads were very good. Gotta say the credit scenes where kinda disappointing.

Can't say too much without spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Agreed, this movie really worked on every level. The characters and their emotional arcs were all well-done. The fight scenes were crystal clear and easy to follow, well edited and shot. (That's a huge pet peeve of mine, recent action movies that do so much jump-cutting that you can't tell what's going on from moment to moment.) The political elements, while simplified and movie-ified, were actually relevant to current events and topics in a way that wasn't totally ridiculous. The adaptations of characters and elements from the comics was handled nicely, being respectful to the spirit while not slavishly aping the exact look.

I guess the only thing that kept me from really loving the movie was ... I dunno, I didn't really get the sense of joy and wonder that I got from some of the Spider-Man movies, or The Avengers. There were some moments that were really great, but nothing quite on the level of Spidey web-swinging or holding back a whole subway train. But still, this was a worthy effort and an excellent addition to the growing Marvel movie mythos.

And as always, more credit and payment for Kirby and other creators and their heirs would be the one thing Marvel could do to erase any objections to the whole project.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Great fun! I agree best film Marvel has made so far or at least a close second to the first Iron Man, but I agree with you Peter, it wad a little less joyful or fewer moments of happy, but it was a darker film with more broken characters than joyful ones. Thor and Ironman both have less angst than Cap. Or maybe there is a better way to put it, Steve Rogers has a heavy heart, a broken heart. He's lost everyone, his best friend is now a villain, and his supporting cast is full of other people with heavy hearts like Natasha and Fury.

Terry what was wrong with the credit scenes? I loved the villain and the "twins" an Ant Man tease would have been cool maybe.

SPOILER:
The only complaint i have is that Robert Redford didnt have one of those mask things the Widow had, hiding a Red Skull
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
hel Grotesk

hel Grotesk

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:57 am

Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Potential Spoilers:

Joe Lee wrote:
Terry what was wrong with the credit scenes? I loved the villain and the "twins" an Ant Man tease would have been cool maybe.

Yes, that scene was cool. Liked very much, seeing Baron Von Strucker, and his "guests."

At the end of the WinterSoldier at the Museum, credit scene I heard some kid in the theater exclaim, "That's it?" It was boring, sad, and purely epilogue. And sure Thor2 had epilogue credit scenes too, but they were fun, and Thor2 has three credit scenes. The WS Museum scene was a dreary sad epilogue to a very cool, but ultimately sad movie. Cap was a man in mourning. So much mourning it was heartbreaking. You had cap looking sad thinking about what might have been, while hiding behind a supportive smile while sitting with his aging girlfriend, repeatedly throughout the film expressing doubts about his job, and while Natasha tried to encourage him into getting a life, he made a sad joke about all his friends being dead. (he looked sad even after the Kiss with Natasha).

Honestly, I would have rather one of the end credit scenes be like the ones you described with the Red Skull reveal, or an Antman preview. Or maybe a Thor cameo since Cap did one in Thor2. Or Guardians of the Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:52 pm

I swear to god I was hoping for a Dr Strange credit scene of some kind. After his name being used as one of the potential targets. But I expected Antman or Guardians. I mean they did a Guardians scene in the last Thor right.

Still pissed about the Red Skull thing.

I admit t he film has a great man characters who have had their fair share of some major sadness in their lives, but I don't think I saw the film as being as bleak as you did though.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Late to the party, but it resulted in getting to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier with only two other movie-goers, kind of a luxurious feeling! I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone regarding the film's tone, but the main thing here was the action! Peter has it right that this film did not suffer as many do by having a multitude of quick superfluous cuts confusing the action. Personally, I blames the MTV for that. It did not have that 'video game feeling' to it either. I'm not sure how Cap can----- very minor spoilers------

jump out of planes and from towers and buildings without a parachute, but you see him do it in smooth sequences which is pretty cool.

The fight scenes throughout and the major destruction in the climax were spectacular. The characterization was close to pitch perfect and all the actors acquitted themselves well. If this superhero and spy movie didn't achieve more than that, it's still pretty darn good. Being able to dovetail some of this into a tv series is a nice opportunity they aren't wasting either. Now, if the Stephen Strange name dropping is more than just the writer waxing clever...

Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:26 am

Joe Lee wrote:
...great man characters...

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catain America Rocks!   Catain America Rocks! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catain America Rocks!
Page 1 of 1