The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SHIELD speculation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:22 pm

SPOILERS:

I found some interesting speculation on SHIELD's possible future direction, including who the mysterious unknown villain is,his connection to Skye, as well as what the implications of the "city map" is. When it was first revealed last week it got me thinking of only a couple of things it could be. My short list included the Great Refuge too.
cheers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56589
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 am

what other places did you have on your list?

all i could think of was Attilan, Wakanda, and the Savage Land
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 2:29 pm

ATLANTIS!

I was thinking that the "Alien" thing could be all a mistake, SHIELD may have accidentally assumed an Atlantean was from another planet. Whedon wouldn't be above using the movies to make us all follow along with the alien red herring. And unlike the Inhumans, the Submariner/Namor would be a pretty prominent character without any movie entanglements so he would be free to play with without any tie-in worries, and his people are BLUE!!!!!!

Or they could just introduce Atlantis without ever using Namor. For all we know he is wandering around with a beard looking all homeless.

Only problem is it doesn't fit in with the whole Sky and her "powerful" father thing. That I can tell. Unless that's all a red herring too, or possibly not directly related?
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 pm

I agree that it's unlike Whedon to leave such obvious clues and not have it be a big bait and switch, but the last episode had so many clues that seemed to really really leave no room for it to be anything other than the Inhumans. And I'm kinda excited to see how it works out either way, but it I would be pleasantly surprised if it turned out to be something completely different.

Sad that there won't be a FF movie with Stan and Jack's original Inhumans Saga. I'm OK with some characters not being introduced like they were in the comics, within other books. The Black Panther was introduced in the FF but He doesn't need to be. Same with the Punisher, he started out as Spidey villain, even Wolverine debuted in the Hulk. And I understand they want the Inhumans to be the stand-in for the mutants until the X-men license reverts back to Marvel. But the original Inhumans Saga was a big, very cool FF story.

I imagined the FF film series as two trilogies...

FF-1 (starts off mid mole man fight, flashback of origin, moves to Doom's saga)
FF-2 (Galactus Trilogy)
FF-3 (The Inhumans Saga)

FF-4 (The Negative Zone, blastarr, annihilus, etc...)
FF-5 (Atlantis Attacks, Attuma is the big villain, giant laviathan, atlantean fleet attacks NYC, Namor is found by Johnny etc...)
FF-6 (start off in the middle of a super skrull battle, then Doom tries to steal the Silver Surfer's power and Galactus returns... maybe leads into the Death of Galactus story?)
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
hel Grotesk

hel Grotesk

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Old people just don't like change. Razz

These are not your father's Inhumans nor are they yours. They can be unique and new and need not be tied to the World's Lamest Comic Magazine. Seriously the time when the FF was a flagship title is long gone. They are pure nostalgia now. The Inhumans will be new Inhumans and and they will be relevant to people now, not the readers who read the books in the '60's. Just like the new Guardians of the Galaxy. No Charlie xXx or Martinizedman or Vance Altoids.

Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:00 pm

After that reference to the phantom or ghost whatever scary legend about a Sentry, I thought for sure they were going to find one, looks like it's the Kree for sure. And Skye is Maximus' daughter. I'm a little disappointed they didn't run into a Sentry.

I didn't realize that actress playing Mockingbird was so tall. She's huge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SHIELD speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIELD speculation   SHIELD speculation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHIELD speculation
Page 1 of 1