The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mr. Ness poet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

Mr. Ness poet Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Ness poet   Mr. Ness poet Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 am

I just spent most of today reading a series of some short pieces that were provided by Mr. Ness, for the book I'm working on. Reading and rereading his work while sketching a rough layout for several illustrated chunks.

To read the same pieces over and over, in one day as much as i did today, can and would normally dull the impact of even the most powerful works. But all day i continued to be inspired, each reading fresh and full of magic and mystery.

So, when you see us talking about his work or reviwing a new book its not bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

Mr. Ness poet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Ness poet   Mr. Ness poet Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:34 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

Mr. Ness poet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Ness poet   Mr. Ness poet Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 am

Here is a micro chapter from my evolving novella
of course copyright me 2013 all that jazz blah blah blah

Chapter 3 She Sleeps

The hymns of the earth are sung to the queen who sleeps, a slumber without interruption. She is undisturbed, for her fury is gravely feared by her children and not without reason. Deep within the bowels of the earth, next to the heart of the mountain, the lava bed is molten, and keeps warm the sleeping great, ancient wyrm. Her scales are larger than a war horse, her talons are sharper than a warrior’s sword, her teeth are longer than a spear’s point, and her eye’s more magnificent than the most precious gems. Somewhere beneath the earth a queen sleeps, and someday she will awaken with great violence, and then sorrow for those who have awakened her. Deep within the earth she sleeps, and no one dares disturb her sleep. She is gentle only when there, in slumber deep. In that place, she is a gentle queen, but only there. Only in that sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mr. Ness poet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Ness poet   Mr. Ness poet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Ness poet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The League of Extremely Nostalgic :: news, announcements & misc.-
Jump to: