The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It had to be said.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 am

Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Nice piece!
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm

thank you.
Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, great piece, Alex!

I never understood that Winter Brothers lawsuit over the lookalike characters in Jonah Hex. It seemed to be more than just wanting money for their likeness rights. They actually seemed to be offended by these parody/homage characters. Which, for blues musicians, is a weird attitude to take. But oh well. Yeah, I wish DC would collect those series too.

Tim Truman's recent Hawken miniseries, written by his son, mined similar dark territory in the western genre. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 am

thank you Peter!
Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Good column. Though I might disagree as to the character being a "meaningless spaghetti western hero/anti-hero," I quite enjoyed reading the comics, but you were spot on regarding the movie. Only thing missing was Will Smith and a giant mechanical spider. Argh.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm

I think that the character was never done seriously, but rather a typical one done in those fashions. So, there were stories that were done well, but to me, only Lansdale and Truman got to the heart and mind of Hex.

Thanks for reading the work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It had to be said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It had to be said.   It had to be said. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It had to be said.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The League of Extremely Nostalgic :: news, announcements & misc.-
Jump to: