The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spiderman dies in movie?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Spiderman dies in movie? Empty
PostSubject: Spiderman dies in movie?   Spiderman dies in movie? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:01 pm

spoilery rumors

I saw the totally underwhelming trailer for the next Spiderman film, before the Hobbit. I read somewhere that they might do a Sinister Six movie next but isn't there a bunch of villains in this one? Electro, Rhino, Goblin etc... so I went looking online and found an article that explains how ASM1-3, Sinister 6 and Venom movies all fit together. And supposedly rumor has it they are killing off spidey in ASM3.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/12/21/will-sony-pictures-kill-spider-man-in-amazing-spider-man-3/
Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman dies in movie?   Spiderman dies in movie? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Well, lots of rampant speculation in that article, going well beyond what the studio has announced:

Quote :
One is that Andrew Garfield revealed that he was only signed for Amazing Spider-Man 2 & 3 and had nothing to do with the already announced Amazing Spider-Man 4. Second is that Sony Pictures announced that they would be doing a Venom movie and a Sinister Six movie.

But not too far-fetched, overall.

I enjoyed the first Garfield outing okay, but not as much as the Raimi/McGuire trilogy. So I have less invested in this series anyway, and whatever they do won't bother me. I have been wondering, given the greater role of Gwen Stacy in this version, whether they would do the famous Death of Gwen storyline this time.
Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman dies in movie?   Spiderman dies in movie? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:28 pm

I did enjoyed the Raimi films. Mostly the first two. And I did like the new one. Flawed as it was, it seemed to capture more of the fun. I am quite curious about those rumors, like the article stated, Sony may be trying to duplicate an Avengers style build up within the limits of their contract with Marvel
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman dies in movie?   Spiderman dies in movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Raimi's Spider-Man2, the one with Doc Ock, is as close to as perfect a superhero genre film as I've ever seen. It had pathos.

Then Spiderman three came out and became the Marvel version of  Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin. Way too many new characters and too many villains. Peter has a dance number in SM3. In B&R, Arnold's Mr. Freeze did a dance number too, the Snow Miser song from the Rankin/Bass christmas special "The Year Without a Santa Claus"

I liked the new Garfield Spiderman well enough, I just saw it again recently. It's ok, but really doesn't hold up to repeated viewings. The many flaws become more obvious but it's still fun. Just not a great film like SM2

I like the rumors tho', they sound like some possibly fun twists. If you can't be great, be fun right?
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman dies in movie?   Spiderman dies in movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Joe Lee wrote:
Then Spiderman three came out and became the Marvel version of  Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin.
lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman dies in movie?   Spiderman dies in movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spiderman dies in movie?
Page 1 of 1