The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New on the Ghost Rider case

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edquinby001

edquinby001

New on the Ghost Rider case Empty
PostSubject: New on the Ghost Rider case   New on the Ghost Rider case Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 pm

http://comicsbeat.com/marvel-reaches-settlements-with-gary-friedrich-bob-layton/  

We've been following the Marvel vs. Gary Friedrich case pretty closely. Via The Beat, here is the latest installment on that with Bob Layton and perhaps even a slightly better policy for Marvel regarding their creators thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: New on the Ghost Rider case   New on the Ghost Rider case Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Wow, something made them give in. I'd like to think there were internal arguments going on within the company, and the human beings in the corporation finally prevailed on the subject.

This is the first I had heard of the Layton case.

I can't wait to see if or how Jim Starlin is listed as creator of Thanos, if they continue to use him in the background in the Avengers sequels.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: New on the Ghost Rider case   New on the Ghost Rider case Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Great news for Friedrich! Glad to hear it!

I guess the Bob Layton issue never went to court, it was all private negotiations? Glad to hear that too!

Of course, settlements don't make legal precedents. But any sign of flexibility from Marvel or DC is also a good sign, since the companies have practically been able to write their own laws over the years. The legal landscape is still a mess. But worry about that later, I guess.

Good point about Starlin and Thanos, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New on the Ghost Rider case   New on the Ghost Rider case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New on the Ghost Rider case
Page 1 of 1