The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BOOM Studios New Submission policy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

BOOM Studios New Submission policy Empty
PostSubject: BOOM Studios New Submission policy   BOOM Studios New Submission policy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 pm

I don't have facebook, and couldn't really explore, someone want to take a look...

https://www.facebook.com/BoomStudiosArtistSubmissions
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
edquinby001

edquinby001

BOOM Studios New Submission policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOM Studios New Submission policy   BOOM Studios New Submission policy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:45 pm

I took a look around, Joe. Basically Boom Studios just lets people upload samples to their Facebook page. They don't offer a public critique or anything. They do post a 'Tip of the Week', something along the lines of: Composition is important it can make or break your artwork! Despite the fact that Boom really didn't define the parameters of submissions at all, most people seem to know the drill. Most submissions are several sequential comics pages. A few submissions are merely pinups, and colorists and logo artists are also submitting their wares as well. While some submissions are crude, I would say most are from pro level artists and many of those are currently employed in the comics industry or as storyboard artists. Everybody needs more work!

This is strictly for visual artists, no writers allowed. Boom states they have hired artists through programs like this before. That's not surprising at all, many are darn good.
Back to top Go down

BOOM Studios New Submission policy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The League of Extremely Nostalgic :: The Creatorium-
Jump to: