The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A great interview with Michael Lark...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

A great interview with Michael Lark...  Empty
PostSubject: A great interview with Michael Lark...    A great interview with Michael Lark...  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Great interview with Michael Lark...

Michael Lark On The Ennuii Of Comics 
And Moving To Creator Owned Work

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/22/michael-lark-on-the-ennuii-of-comics-and-moving-to-creator-owned-work/
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Michael Lark...    A great interview with Michael Lark...  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:49 pm

I get a little miffed when people make claims like, "No, I didn’t read comics as a kid."  
But then he goes on to admit, "There was a lot of 80’s indie comics that I really liked. Love and Rockets, Mr. X, I was a huge fan of Eddy Current by Ted McKeever… … Oh! Guy Davis’ Baker Street! ... I like the old school adventure strip art like Alex Raymond, Milt Caniff, Frank Robbins, and stuff like that. "  
So okay, maybe he wasn't a Batman fan, but he WAS reading comics.  

I also liked his shout-out to the Joe Johnston Star Wars Sketchbook.  That was indeed a great book, that I know I spent countless hours poring over, and I'm glad to hear that somebody else liked it and was influenced by it too.

So overall, good interview, despite my gripes.  He is a good artist, and I hope he continues to do good work.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Michael Lark...    A great interview with Michael Lark...  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I hate that too. But, this one didn't strike me that way, I read more that he was just trying to say he didn't get into comics until he was older, and it was indy stuff at that. Maybe not, given the context.

But I agree there are lot of people who could find a less condescending way to say "I didn't read superhero comics as a kid," but for some of the people who phrase it that way, I imagine the disdain is part of the point they are trying to make.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Michael Lark...    A great interview with Michael Lark...  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 am

I wondered what had happened to him. I was a big fan of his art but lost track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Michael Lark...    A great interview with Michael Lark...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A great interview with Michael Lark...
Page 1 of 1