The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erick_Cruz

Erick_Cruz

In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories Empty
PostSubject: In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories   In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:13 pm

and the older stories too and you're tired of waiting for Marvel to reprint them, here's your chance
http://miraclemen.info/
Back to top Go down
http://erickcruz.deviantart.com/
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories   In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for the tip. I've got all those issues, but I know a lot of people who have not read them.

Seems like a well-intentioned fan site. I hope they don't end up causing more problems in the end, though. I imagine that any potential publisher of the material will want to have all those pages taken off the web before too long. But since nobody is currently taking that role as an actual publisher, I don't have many real objections.

My one mild objection, of course, is that the creators aren't getting paid for this. But nobody's getting paid for this. It's ridiculous that the books are still out of print, still earning nothing for anybody. Given that situation, going on for two decades now, at least this is an imperfect way for readers to get to read the stories. If the books could just be printed again, then there would be no need for sites like this.
Back to top Go down
James Ritchey III

PostSubject: Re: In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories   In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:14 pm

It needs a trade or two. I need it. Very Happy
I've read them all, but never owned them all--a benefit of having smart, talented, tasteful readers as best friends. Both Moore and Gaiman were superb on it--some of my favorite work by either of them. The only things I like more by both is Swamp Thing and Sandman. Gary Leach was one of the best draftsmen in comics, ever, and I wish he'd been 'imported' like Bolland was. Loved Totleben and Buckingham's art, love the lyricism of the whole package on the Eclipse stuff.

A proudest moment of mine was getting to draw Miracleman for a few panels in Total Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories   In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In case you've never read the Eclipse Miracleman stories
Page 1 of 1