The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!

Go down 
+3
Joe Lee
kurt wilcken
J.M. Hunter
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Empty
PostSubject: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 pm

So yea....my own little thread complete with whatever I'm working on or thinking of at the moment. Feel free to ask questions and offer feedback as I do enjoy feedback or people constructively critiquing my work.

Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:41 am

So first things first, I decided I needed a change of perspective, fresh start. I moved my desk,(again)away from the T.V. facing the reference library and will arrange it to where I can grab my tools easier. Might even put up some cork to pin rulers/templates etc. I also tilted the desk at an angle to where it wont be a sacrifice to mountains of clutter and get in the way of my productivity or add to my frustration.

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Deskdark_zps74afc948

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Desklight_zps5ca5713f

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Deskzoom_zpsaf41635e
Back to top Go down
kurt wilcken

kurt wilcken

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Nice work area. And so neat!

My drawing table is buried under so much junk that I do most of my work on a lapboard while sitting on the living room floor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kurtoonsonline.com/
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Yeah, that's a suspiciously tidy work area. No
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a drawing table that is solid black before. Is the surface a counter top material like formica? In any event, it has my chewed up and sawed in places 50 year old piece of plywood beat to hell. Nicely organized work place, I guess you cleared all the empty 40's for the photo?
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:03 pm

kurt wilcken wrote:
Nice work area. And so neat!

My drawing table is buried under so much junk that I do most of my work on a lapboard while sitting on the living room floor.

Mine was until I had to move it!!

Here's hoping it'll stay moderately uncluttered the next chance I have to use it.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:05 pm

edquinby001 wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a drawing table that is solid black before. Is the surface a counter top material like formica? In any event, it has my chewed up and sawed in places 50 year old piece of plywood beat to hell. Nicely organized work place, I guess you cleared all the empty 40's for the photo?

Ed the underneath is white formica, back in the 90's when I bought it with my first paycheck from my first real job. I was 15. I tend to pick up most of the beer bottles/cans these days yup! Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Other than the few books just for show I put on there, there's only one project art wise allowed on the table at this time.

More pics/news to come.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 pm

My blog sucks!

http://theindyhunter.blogspot.com/

open to suggestions on the design of it!
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:16 pm

So if you haven't seen me around in awhile it's because I've been swamped covering the SPACE show.

Here's a look:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/staff/899-j-m-hunter.html

scroll down a bit.

Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:22 pm

So...gonna take my time on the next couple of interviews. After that SPACE coverage I need to switch into art mode.

I got Manga Studio 4.0 EX for real cheap and want to learn how to use it. I also want to increase my output.

The first thing however that's going on my art table while I wait for scripts to come in is an Imonsterfyu commission that's loooong overdue. I started sketching arouind the eyes but had a bad drawing day. Gonna try to recover and find the mojo back. Might even try some of those Caricature how to books maybe to free stuff up.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Finally sat at the drawing desk today admist a house hold full of drama and bubble guts....sheesh.

So nothing major yet, just a couple of warm up sketches of good friends Ed and Rhonda Quinby.

The start of a major set of character studies.

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Imonsterfyu_ed_rhonda_warmup1c_zps03f66990
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm

An American Gothic Zombie Apocalypse?

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Imonsterfyu_ed_rhonda_warmup2c_zps5c522ce5
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Didn't quite or not at all get Ed's eyes down....needs more space inbtw.

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Imonsterfyu_ed_warmup_eyes1c_zpsb1c050f2
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 am

The second one is going in a nice direction!
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 am

edquinby001 wrote:
The second one is going in a nice direction!

Thanks...trying to work out the kinks. I think you'll KNOW when I'm back in shape and stuff is starting to come together. There'll be a noticeable DIFFERENCE!

Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 am

Something I'm thinking about trying to ink in Manga Studio EX...

NSFW

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Hunterpagefullcopy
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey, it's the return of L'il Good and Evil Hunters!!
I have two questions though:
Why is the spiky haired guy dating a monkey?
and why is Evil Hunter doing ... oh yeah, 'evil', right, I got it.

I'll dialogue panels 6 &7
panel 6
Spiky: Man, why are you so irate?!
Evil Hunter: I'm not irate, in fact...

panel 7
Evil Hunter: I'm walkin' on sunshine! Here, you should try it.
Spiky: Heavens! A stream of malign humours!
Monkey: EEEEP!
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Ed commission wip, character studies.   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Ok, so I'm still working on doing character studies of Ed and Other to get their likeness down before I shred it away! It's been an uphill battle to just draw in general lately w/ surgeries,sick people, and work. I stole a few minutes the other night to try it again. 

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Ed_photo_ref1_zpsaaedf9a5

and here's the doodle.

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Imonsterfyu_ed_study2_zps0b77747b
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Wow, I wouldn't mess with 'me', I like it!
Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm

I love that portrait!
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks Peter! 

I'm just doing studies now, working out the kinks. Here's one other I attempted, but I have a hard time drawing lips and mouths...so if you have suggestions or know of some greate tutorials, link me!!

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Imonsterfyu_rhonda_study2_zpse796456b
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Working on the new Indy Hunter studio where I hope to paint and podcast! Here's the back wall.

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Indy_Hunter_studio_wall1_zps68027d61

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Indy_Hunter_studio_wall2_zps956a6b04
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Still going, working out composition while thinking about decomposition!!

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Imonsterfyu_ed_rhonda_ag1_zps6826c557
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Nice work.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!   J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J.M. Hunter long-term Ambitious Art Dump!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next