The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX

Go down 
+3
Alex Ness
Terry M (Ditko Fan)
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Empty
PostSubject: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 pm

THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX IHlogosmall

Embattled comics creator Ray Felix is the next to be interviewed by our very own celebrity columnist Indy Hunter!
Ray Felix is founder of the independent comic book company Cup ‘O’ Java Studio, publisher of the comic magazines, God: The Second Coming, O.D’s Helpful Hints, The No-1 Anthology, the comic series A World Without Superheroes.

http://lxng.blogspot.com/2013/03/mute-point.html

Feel free to continue the discussion here...
Back to top Go down
http://lxng.blogspot.com/
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Very well done, quite an interesting interview
Back to top Go down
Alex Ness

Alex Ness

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm

quite a mind blowing read.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks guys. Wait till you see the Hart Fisher interview!

Tell them Steve-Greg!

Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Yeah, awesome interview! That guy has some stones, I tell ya! Good luck to him!
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm

yea, you know i'm a consumer of the big two. I've given them lots of my money, tattooed their character logos on me and even named one of my children after them.

Throw me a friggin' bone already when it comes to something like a widely used genre-specific set of words like Super and Hero eh?
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Really great interview. You may just gave a future in journalism if you could just understand that spellcheck is not a substitute for proofreading. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Joe Lee wrote:
Really great interview. You may just gave a future in journalism if you could just understand that spellcheck is not a substitute for proofreading. Very Happy

Hahahhah!

So when are we thinking of putting the Hart Fisher interview up?
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Excellent interview, Hunter! Ray Felix seems like the ' loaded gun of interviewees' and you kept him focused and on target throughout. Nice to know there are guys like him out there, who are not in the least intimidated by money and power. Great job.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 pm

edquinby001 wrote:
Excellent interview, Hunter! Ray Felix seems like the ' loaded gun of interviewees' and you kept him focused and on target throughout. Nice to know there are guys like him out there, who are not in the least intimidated by money and power. Great job.

Thanks Ed! You gotta check out the Hart Fisher interview it covers the same stuff and if you've ever seen me angry or remember my Gutter War days, that's nothing compared to Hart!

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/120910-indy-hunter-interview-with-hart-fisher.html

As nice as this looks, I can't wait to see what our own Joe Lee has in store if he's not too busy for it. Kudos to his skillz at making each article it's own special look and design. Quality stuff my man.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

BTW, I am doing a follow up piece to both of these and the whole topic. So let's get that discussion going fellas. I got a trademark lawyer to talk to if he's still down, I've got a few indie creators I'm gonna ask a few questions of them, and whomever else wants to weigh in.

That means you guys too. Now that you see what/where I'm going with this. I think we can have a dialogue.

What's this gonna mean for sketch covers? I'm getting a few and I've seen people drawing on templates of them and all kinds of awesome stuff and selling.

Are we gonna have to worry about that as well?
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 pm

J.M. Hunter wrote:
As nice as this looks, I can't wait to see what our own Joe Lee has in store if he's not too busy for it. Kudos to his skillz at making each article it's own special look and design. Quality stuff my man.
Thanks man, very kind words. Mostly I'm just having fun. Your hard hitting interviews are helping make us a force for good! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Joe Lee wrote:
J.M. Hunter wrote:
Thanks man, very kind words. Mostly I'm just having fun. Your hard hitting interviews are helping make us a force for good! cheers

Hah, I just let them have they say, they're the ones hitting hard, I'm just letting them have the soap box for a bit.

I meant to ask how traffic was for this btw.
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:23 pm

A couple days late but I finally got to read the Hart Fisher interview. Believe it or not, the toilet needed repair and that required my immediate attention. While I may be content to crap in the woods, the wife demands the finer things, like indoor plumbing. So it was somehow fitting that I got to unwind afterward by reading an interview hosted at The Outhousers. Another excellent interview and another guy who comes into it ready to go, no tooth pulling necessary. It was obvious that you guys shared interests and both spoke the same language. Comics tend to be a small backwater industry compared to other media, so it's interesting to hear from someone who has moved fluidly in around and about all kinds of merchandising and media for years, but still loves comics-- even if he hates what they've become!
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks Ed, if a bear craps in the woods.....is it gator bait?

Wait, that's not how it goes is it? Laughing

Yea, Hart's got alot going, it'll be interesting to see how this all proceeds. The flu's been kicking this household's ass these past several days so I haven't been able to fan the flames or put out more material. I'm glad people are still checking out what little morsels I have dished out perse.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX   THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE INDY HUNTER INTERVIEW WITH RAY FELIX
Page 1 of 1