The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Artists....is this something you'd mess with?

Fans, is this something you'd buy?

I'd be interested in doing a few but damn don't know how much they costs or where to get them?
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm not even sure what they are! Do you mean a prelined sheet of Bristol Board already set with cover dimensions? If that's it, Blue Line products are as good as any for prelined boards. Myself, I think their bristol is too good for preliminary sketches and not good enough for finished work, it can bleed and tear up with even a little erasing and reworking. But maybe that's not what you're talking about. Hard to beat the price of a giant pad of newsprint though if you are just working through different ideas. A little more info, Hunter? You've got my curiosity piqued now.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm

http://stores.ebay.com/SD-6-Pop-Culture-Collectibles/Marvel-Blank-Sketch-Covers-/_i.html?_fsub=2814439010

https://www.google.com/search?q=blank+sketch+covers&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=H04-UerTFrTUyQGnw4Fw&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

Back to top Go down
edquinby001

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:38 pm

Kinda neat! A little pricey when you add shipping & handling in, but you could always make copies of any blanks you buy at Targets with your own bristol paper. Which logos were you interested in?
Back to top Go down
Guydc3

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 am

J.M. Hunter wrote:
Artists....is this something you'd mess with?

Fans, is this something you'd buy?

I'd be interested in doing a few but damn don't know how much they costs or where to get them?

I've done them before. Really, you don't need to buy anything, if you use Photoshop. I drew this Wolvy sketch on separate paper. Grabbed a clean high res image of a blank sketch cover from google or DA (I can't remember. Might have even been Penciljack.) Then I scanned it in, opened a new layer where I added the adjusted image of the blank cover, merged them, and voila.

If someone really wants the final hardcopy image with the logo on top, you can always still get the blank cover image for free and have hardcopies printed on bristol.

Unless you want the actual blank cover comics and plan to draw on those, then ignore everything I just said.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 am

Yea, I was sorta curious abotu the blank cover comics themselves.

Read the story capture an image in my head/essensce of what the "fan" wants me to draw?

But Ed's also right. A little pricey.
Back to top Go down
Guydc3

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Also, you could buy them and realize that some of them are actually difficult to work with. DC for instance has done some that have been really slick and it is a chore to use pencil on them. Some, if you are using microns, can bleed as well.
Some, are perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?   

Back to top Go down

Blank Covers for sketches? Anyone know where to get them or how much?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1