The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I can't feel my legs!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

I can't feel my legs! Empty
PostSubject: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Or rather I can't feel my art arms or legs! WTF?! I've lost it dudes....not sure how to get it, but I've lost it...
Back to top Go down
JamesCarter

JamesCarter

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Force yourself to do something. I find that when I really, really don't feel like writing -when I absolutely cannot even imagine creating a single thing, let alone taking the time and effort to actually write words about it- I force myself. After a paragraph or two I'm away, writing like a mad man and I want to be nowhere else than typing away on the keyboard.

Might not work, but you never know. I've read a lot of creators talk about what to do when a 'block' hits, but more often than not they neglect to mention that their advice is what works for them. So take my advice with a grain of salt, but it's worth a shot!
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/gsawcomic
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:41 pm

JamesCarter wrote:
Force yourself to do something. I find that when I really, really don't feel like writing -when I absolutely cannot even imagine creating a single thing, let alone taking the time and effort to actually write words about it- I force myself. After a paragraph or two I'm away, writing like a mad man and I want to be nowhere else than typing away on the keyboard.

Might not work, but you never know. I've read a lot of creators talk about what to do when a 'block' hits, but more often than not they neglect to mention that their advice is what works for them. So take my advice with a grain of salt, but it's worth a shot!

Hey thanks for taking the time, but yea, I'm already beyond that point.
Back to top Go down
J.M. Hunter

J.M. Hunter

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I auditioned for a comic, just found out I didn't get it. But I knew it was a long shot because what I turned in felt flat and not up to par....It pisses me off! Royally. I feel like I've been underpeforming for awhile now...it's at the point where I'm wondering if I should just walk away for awhile...I hate this feeling...It sucks!

Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am

Jim's right. Or at the very least I've heard the same advice before and it works for me too.

One of the things I do when I'm feeling non-productive is read Ray Bradbury's book "Zen and the Art of Writing." It's a collection of essays on creativity. One of the the pieces of advice I get from the book is to just do it. Just sit down and write, or draw or whatever. Even when you don't feel like it. Just do it everyday.

Whenever I step away for "a little while" I end up staying away a lot longer than I planned and it gets tougher to get back into it. Better to work out some shit with crappy work than to lessen or lose the need to draw everyday. Sometimes I switch projects, when I'm having a bad run. That way I'm starting fresh on something. But I'm not sure how good an idea that is, I have an office full of projects at various levels of being started, and nothing done.

So, like Jim says, that's my own thing your actual mileage may vary, it may not work for you. Hell, it may not be working for me.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 pm

The Artists' Way, by Julia Cameron, has some good advice for feeling more creative. Not that I've ever tried it, but it sounded good when I read it.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:12 pm

J.M. Hunter wrote:
Or rather I can't feel my art arms or legs! WTF?!  I've lost it dudes....not sure how to get it, but I've lost it...

I'm in that place right now. It's a dark, dark place.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't feel my legs!   I can't feel my legs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't feel my legs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The League of Extremely Nostalgic :: The Creatorium-
Jump to: