The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does Anyone Play Video Games?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JamesCarter

JamesCarter

Does Anyone Play Video Games? Empty
PostSubject: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 am

Geez, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Every time I came here it looked like there was nothing new, but I just realized today that I wasn't logged in.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on the LOEN forum plays video games? I have an Xbox 360 myself and play quite a few. Currently I'm playing Skyrim and X-Com: Enemy Unknown.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/gsawcomic
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:57 am

I am still on a ps2, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the next gen. I like being a yew years behind in games. Everything is way cheaper this far behind.

I'm not sure which way to go yet. ps3 or 360

One has blue ray and from what i've heard, the better system. But the x box has some exclusives i'd really like to try.

My favorite game was probably Way of the Samurai, or Star Wars Battlefront 2, Demon Stone, Genji, Onimusha.

I've got a few ps2 games left to try; Force Unleashed, Shadow of the Colussus, WolverinesRevenge, and i just finished Pirates legend of Black Kat
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
JamesCarter

JamesCarter

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 am

Star Wars Battlefront 2! I still play that too! Freakin' love that game.

My advice when deciding on a PS3 or 360 is to not listen to anyone who tells you one is better than the other. Just go with whatever system has the most games on it that you want to play.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

JamesCarter wrote:
My advice when deciding on a PS3 or 360 is to not listen to anyone who tells you one is better than the other. Just go with whatever system has the most games on it that you want to play.
Sound advice.

Most of the games I want are often cross platform. Arkham games, LOTR, War in the North and Conquest are top of my list. Right now it seems to be coming down to, do I want to give up any PS3 preference, and next gen God of War and Uncharted games just to play Halo. Which I've never played before. And first person shooters are not always my favorite genre. But I loved SW:battlefront. I guess I'm leaning towards PS3.

My wife likes RPGs like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance,1/2 Champions of Norrath 1/2, or even Justice League she liked because of the similar game mechanics to Champions of Norrath.

Just started playing Force Unleashed yesterday. Very fun!

No one else here plays games? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Guydc3

Guydc3

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm the worst person to ask. I have both a PS3 and Xbox 360. The best advice is the one you already got: Get the system that has the most exclusives that you want to play. There are a lot of cross platform releases and IMO games like the Mass Effect series are better on the 360, but I love playing Uncharted on my PS3. You really can't go wrong with either one. There are more free online options with the PS3. Go with whichever one is on sale and offering the best discount on Black Friday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 am

I'm a boring old man when it comes to video games. I'll play my kids' Gameboy or Nintendo DS games, as long as they don't require a lot of hand-eye coordination. Turn-based RPGs like Pokemon or Golden Sun, that kind of thing. Occasionally I'll get computer games. I liked Spore, and Psychonauts before that. The Neverhood was a great game with awesome music, way back when.
Back to top Go down
JamesCarter

JamesCarter

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I loved The Neverhood! Such a weird offbeat game. I loved the giant robot and his bear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Play Video Games?   Does Anyone Play Video Games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Play Video Games?
Page 1 of 1