The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 False Positive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guydc3

Guydc3

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-11-01

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Great one-man web comic anthology of sci-fi horror stories. Season One just finished last week. Season Two starts in December. Truly great stuff.

http://falsepositivecomic.com/
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

Posts : 1186
Join date : 2012-09-13

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Great link, thanks for posting it. I can't wait to read.

I went through the 31 Days of Holloween portfolio. This is some amazing and twisted stuff, very cool. Rich, detailed, and brilliant use of color. I love this guys art.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Guydc3

Guydc3

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-11-01

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Joe Lee wrote:
Great link, thanks for posting it. I can't wait to read.

I went through the 31 Days of Holloween portfolio. This is some amazing and twisted stuff, very cool. Rich, detailed, and brilliant use of color. I love this guys art.

Me too. I love the color palette he uses on each story. His storytelling is pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-09-14
Location : Salem, MA

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:17 am

Just read the first story, "Concoction." Damn that was good! Great art, great concept. So WHO owned that bag? Some kind of comic-book origin wholesale supplier, perhaps on a sales trip? Imagine that sales pitch!
Back to top Go down
Guydc3

Guydc3

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-11-01

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 2:56 am

Peter Urkowitz wrote:
Just read the first story, "Concoction." Damn that was good! Great art, great concept. So WHO owned that bag? Some kind of comic-book origin wholesale supplier, perhaps on a sales trip? Imagine that sales pitch!

Haha, I know.

I can't wait until you get to "Ache".
Back to top Go down
edquinby001

edquinby001

Posts : 342
Join date : 2012-09-23

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Read the first three stories so far and boy they're ALL good. I'll ditto what everybody has said about his coloring style, it's really cool how a single color doesn't seem limiting and actually feeds into the tone of the story. One thing I was reminded of though is that as good as the stories are, and again darn good, an enjoyable thing about anthologies is the different artists, different styles they have. Before I come across as a complete malcontent, I'm definitely in for the rest of these, thanks for a great find, Guydc!
Back to top Go down
Guydc3

Guydc3

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-11-01

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:57 pm

edquinby001 wrote:
Read the first three stories so far and boy they're ALL good. I'll ditto what everybody has said about his coloring style, it's really cool how a single color doesn't seem limiting and actually feeds into the tone of the story. One thing I was reminded of though is that as good as the stories are, and again darn good, an enjoyable thing about anthologies is the different artists, different styles they have. Before I come across as a complete malcontent, I'm definitely in for the rest of these, thanks for a great find, Guydc!

I agree with your comment about different styles for anthologies. I think this is probably better considered a collection of short stories by a single author. There is one story drawn by another artist on there with the same coloring style.

Glad to share it. I'm reading some other webcomic series at the moment. I'll share those later in another post.
Back to top Go down
hel Grotesk

hel Grotesk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-18

False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks for the link, I like what I've read so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




False Positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Positive   False Positive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
False Positive
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» False Cypress
» My Theories
» Asking for positive waves
» Chamaecyparis pisifera 'boulevard' styling help
» Hinoki air layering in July?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The League of Extremely Nostalgic :: comics, manga, graphic novels, etc.-
Jump to: