The League of Extremely Nostalgic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extremely Nostalgic

Welcome to the League! Speak GEEK and enter!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Capt America Dies in the movie?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Capt America Dies in the movie? Empty
PostSubject: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm

As much as I would hate to see this become a trend, I would love to see the "Death of Superman" storyline, I want a giant Doomsday action figure! If it was handled by the current movie continuity, with the real JLA; at least WW, Batman, Flash, GL and maybe someone else, like the Martian Manhunter. Imagine Metropolis two films from now just having been completely rebuilt, from the first movie, now the stage for Doomsday v Superman...

I can't imagine Marvel would really kill off Cap, who would screw with a franchise unnecessary like that? At least not without it being a cliffhanger stunt thing, and surprise he's alive in the next film.
Back to top Go down
http://gregjollydesign.blogspot.com/
Peter Urkowitz

Peter Urkowitz

PostSubject: Re: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 pm

The Death of Captain America storyline in the comics turned out to be fairly well done and well-regarded, wasn't it? (Didn't read it myself.)

So if the Winter Soldier movie character turns out to be popular, then maybe having him step into the Captain America uniform wouldn't be such a bad thing for the series.

Cap by Chris Evans really came into his own in the Avengers movie, though. It would be a shame to see him go so soon.
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:48 am

Peter Urkowitz wrote:
Cap by Chris Evans really came into his own in the Avengers movie, though.  It would be a shame to see him go so soon.
Exactly! Maybe it could just be a cliffhanger or something, immediately followed up in a sequel, the next Marvel film after or the next Avengers film.

Has anyone here been watching Agents of SHIELD? (spoilery speculation to follow...) There is a character in the show with similar origin to Scarlet Witch, (dropped off on a doorstep...) who just last episode was confirmed to have some sort of latent power/ability/who knows what...

She'd be a perfect Scarlet Witch. I wouldn't put it past Marvel or Whedon to use the show to introduce the character into the movie/tv universe/continuity. It would save time in the film, and further integrate the two productions. It wouldn't be unprecedented, Paramount did it with Worf when he was in both the Deep Space 9 tv show AND the ST:TNG movies.

Maybe they settled the dispute with Fox over the two characters Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver by each getting one? Or maybe we'll see Quicksilver introduced later, with a similar past of being dropped off as a child or something else. It would have been a dead give away to bring them both in.

With Ant-Man getting his own movie and Scarlet Witch being introduced in the SHIELD show, that would be a whole lot of time not eaten up in the next Avengers film. Easier to concentrate on Ultron etc... without having to spend to much time with a pile of new origin stories, the rest of the team and the new ones Antman, & Wanda, (and maybe even Pietro), are all SHIELD agents, like Hawkeye, Widow, and even Cap...
Back to top Go down
Terry M (Ditko Fan)

Terry M (Ditko Fan)

PostSubject: Re: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:17 am

It would be cool to see "Cap’s Kooky Quartet" operate a while in the film, before the big guns were called in. Even if it included Falcon and the Widow too.

They could save big money by having War Machine fill-in for IM and only have Tony Stark show up without his helmet for a scene or two. It would be nice to have Don Cheadle in the Star Spangled War Machine suit. WM and Falcon together, would be awesome!

I found a link to the Quicksilver controversy. Looks like the Fox film is out first.
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/you-got-your-x-men-in-my-avengers/
Back to top Go down
Joe Lee
Admin
Joe Lee

PostSubject: Re: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:23 am

Terry M (Ditko Fan) wrote:
Looks like the Fox film is out first.
What about the Capt America film? Whedon could always squeeze in a cameo or even a post/mid credits scene with Quicksilver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capt America Dies in the movie?   Capt America Dies in the movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capt America Dies in the movie?
Page 1 of 1